Welcome to Year 6C
After what has been a very eventful year (to say the very least!) we are raring to go and have a great year of learning!
In 6C this year our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Maddison and Mr Stobbs.
Timetables will look a little different for now and the children’s learning may take a different slant but nevertheless we will endeavour to give the children the help and support to get them fully back on the Year 6 track, with a smile!
General points and timetables:
- Classroom learning begins at 9am with the school gates open from 8.40 – 9.00. Please be on time.
- PE will be on a Tuesday afternoon. The children will come to school ready in their PE clothes. No need for school uniform to be brought in as the children will remain in PE clothes all day.
- The children will receive a 15 minute morning break and have 30 minutes for lunch. Children will remain in their class or year group bubbles during these times to minimise contact.
- Please try not to bring non-essential items in from home (eg stationery) as equipment is provided by school.
- Children should bring a water bottle in daily (ready filled with water) and take bottles home at the end of every day for cleaning.
- Those children bringing in mobile phones need to have a phone contract in school. Phones are stored in class during the school day and returned to the children at home time.
- Children will finish school at the usual time of 3.20pm and leave via the nursery gate. If parents are collecting children and coming onto the yard, a face covering must be worn.
- Children will bring a reading book home every Monday and return on a Friday. If the children have not finished with a book, they can keep them until they need to change it.
- Please try to be signed up to Class Dojo as we use this as a method of communication during the day with us not having parents on the yard each morning.
- Maths and Literacy will be timetabled for every morning
- Topic work will cover the history of medicine, World War l and World War ll
- Art will be covered by Mrs Harrison this term.
- Geography will cover map work and forests
- Science will cover Electricity and Light
Please remember that we are here to help and the most important thing going forward is the safety of our children.
You can view further information about our curriculum and our curriculum plans in the Curriculum Section of our website. We will be adding new information in the Spring term.
Autumn Term 2020
Here We Are
The first two weeks of term we focused our work around the book Here We Are. This book gave us the opportunity to have in-depth class discussions and ease ourselves into writing again. The children have produced some lovely pieces of writing, including a poem about the ocean and descriptive writing about our special place.
Art – Self-Portraits
Our whole school focus for Art has been Self-Portraits. Each year group has studied a different artist and produced their self-portraits in different ways.
Show Racism the Red Card – Wear Red Day 2020
World War One Homework
The children were given a grid listing different activities and were given the opportunity to select which activities they would like to complete. The children did some fantastic research and completed some super home learning.
Archived Class Curriculum
You can view our archived curriculum information on our website.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.