Welcome to Year 1Y
Welcome back Year 1Y! How much have you all grown and how we can’t wait for ALL OF US to learn new things and share our learning with everyone! This year out Teaching Assistants are Mrs Lynn and Mrs Sharpe.
- We will work together in small groups, with lots of laughter and play!
- We will strive to be independent – we are getting older and we can do lots of things by ourselves!
- When we play outside, we learn and use our writing and maths skills.
- Our reading books and homework will ve given out on a Monday and will need to be returned on a Friday.
- Our P.E. day is Wednesday. It will be getting colder so we will need to wear our jogging bottoms and school jumpers when we come to school!
Building on the Children’s Previous Learning
- For this Autumn term, we will focus on our emotional and mental wellbeing, with writing and maths activities heavily focused around this.
- Continuous assessment will be taking place to ensure we progress in our learning and build on what we already know.
- We will practise phonics every day and will bring home sounds to practise. We need to be able to recognise all graphemes within the alphabet to help us read and write!
- We love working outside and independently in our independent learning areas. We will post photos and videos of all the jobs we do on our class page!
Reading – Pleasure and Applying Phonics
- We love books! We read every day and would parents/carers to read with us … especially at bedtime!
- We need to sound out words and then blend the sounds together to read the whole word. If we ask the meaning of the word please help us find out the meaning.
- Talking about capital letters and full stops when reading helps us use this punctuation in our writing.
- If we have read at home please comment in our books – Miss Yuill would love to read your comments.
- We will still be having a Phonics Test at the end of Year 1 – June 2021
You can view further information about our curriculum and our curriculum plans in the Curriculum Section of our website. We will be adding new information in the Spring Term.
Autumn Term 2020
Art – Self-Portraits
Our whole school focus for Art has been Self-Portraits. Each year group has studied a different artist and produced their self-portraits in different ways.
Archived Class Curriculum
You can view our archived curriculum information on our website.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.