Welcome to Year 2H
The staff in 2H are Miss Howarth, Mrs Bailey and Miss Duncan.
- Independence is important, please leave the children to come into school by themselves and hang up their own coats.
- Passing on messages before/after school. We have an open door policy and need to know if child is upset, unwell or worried. Please message via Dojo/telephone the school or speak to staff in the yard, but bear in mind that teachers may not read class dojo messages until the end of the day.
- Access to Gill at Place to Be is a service that is available and invaluable when children need to talk to another adult/sort out problems, anxieties and friendship issues. This can be arranged by contacting the class teacher.
- Attendance and punctuality are important in this key year group, please inform teaching staff and main reception if your child is absent or intending to be absent ie for holidays, in the near future.
- PE kit Thursday pm (Please come to school in PE kit)
- Water bottles every day please!
- Earrings to be taken out for safety reasons.
- Y2 is a key year group. SATs will be completed in the summer by all children and reported to parents. We are aiming for children to be at age related levels or at greater depth so the children are challenged at their own level from the beginning of Y2. An independent attitude towards work is encouraged.
- Groupings are flexible so children may be taught by a variety of adults in the key stage 1 team.
- Maths: We use a concrete, pictorial, abstract approach. We will try to use practical methods to introduce new concepts.
- Times tables will be a focus this year. Rock Stars times tables will be accessed by children at school and at home. There will be more details later in the term.
- Reading books: it is important to read regularly and return books on Friday (changed weekly if returned, please sign and add constructive comments). All children should be taking their new books home on Monday, please see the class teacher if your child does not bring a book home.
- Homework – Additional information given on Class Dojo, please sign up to Dojo for messages and homework tasks.
- Behaviour: We always stress the need for acceptable standards of behaviour. We will inform parents when standards slip.
- Any questions and staff are always available; please ask if you have a question or concern.
You can view further information about our curriculum and our curriculum plans in the Curriculum Section of our website. We will be adding new information in the Spring Term.
Autumn Term 2021
Archived Class Curriculum
You can view our archived curriculum information on our website.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.