The mission of the Physical Education Program is to provide a comprehensive, progressive, and articulated physical education program through high quality instruction. Our students will attain the knowledge and skills to be physically active and healthy for life in the 21st century.
The vision all students will be physically active and educated, having acquired motor skills to perform a variety of physical activities, physical fitness knowledge, and intrinsic motivation to pursue a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Daily physical activity and health literacy are essential to the whole child.
- Each student has differing abilities and aptitudes for learning motor skills. The rate and style at which motor skills are mastered also differ among students and within each student from time to time.
- In the value of fitness practices to increase lifetime activity and reduce sedentary behaviors.
- That by integrating physical fitness into the broad range of activities that children enjoy, a bond is established between gaining and maintaining fitness and having fun while playing alone or with others.
- That less emphasis should be put upon competition in physical education activities and more emphasis on personal best and improvement.
- That all children can improve their health thereby enhancing their ability to learn and be successful in school.
- That physical activity provides the opportunity for enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction.
- That assessment must be continuous and is a vital part of the physical education program.
- A variety of evaluative techniques should be used for determining individual differences and needs of students.
- Highly qualified teachers will deliver an aligned curriculum of best practices to all students.
- Physical Education teachers require content specific staff development and opportunities for collaboration.
- Parents and community members are vital components for the success of the program.
Our PE Coordinator is Mrs Lamb